Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Postcards from France: Pont Julien Bridge

Pont Julien Bridge on the Domitian Way near Apt, France

The weather had been cold and rainy for several days with highs around 50 fahrenheit (10 celsius). Finally a day dawned sunny and absolutely beautiful. (Though southern France is beautiful in the rain as well, I must say.)    
We decided to go for a drive to Pont Julien so that I could paint and Joe could take photos. The sky was brilliant and the fields glowed red with blooming poppies.  It was certainly warmer! The temperatures soared to nearly 90 F. and the air was dry dry dry. The paint was nearly drying on my brush before I could even make a mark. It was a challenge, but also made the painting fun--no time to over-think or over-work. Decisiveness was absolutely required. A family with several children and a little dog were playing along the riverbank behind me. It was a lovely afternoon.

2 comments:

  1. That's a really pretty photo!! Erm...painting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! You can see the photos that I took of the bridge in the photo albums on Shutterfly. This is the Pont Julien bridge....oh, guess I already told you that up above.

    ReplyDelete